Call For Application | Tricontinental Teacher Training Program (TTT)
Participants from University of Education, Winneba spend 4 weeks completing a Study Camp at the Universität Hamburg (UHH), Germany. They also attend an intensive preparation course and take part in cultural and university-based activities. After the Study Camp in Germany, they return to University of Education, Winneba to share their experiences with their colleagues through series of faculty seminar presentation. Participants from the partner universities (Universität Hamburg (UHH) and University of North Carolina (UNC) begin the project with coursework and “hosting” their Buddies in the first Study Camp, before preparing to travel to Germany for a four-week Study Camp in Hamburg.
The program is open to all pre-service teachers at University of Education, Winneba. UEW students may apply in the 6th semester of their bachelor’s degree.
The eligibility of UEW students includes:
- Must be a level 300 student pursuing a regular program in Education.
- Must have completed 6 semesters by the end of September 2023.
- Must have good academic records
- Should be committed to being a worthy ambassador for UEW at the international level.
- Should have a valid passport.
- Demonstrate commitment of self-prior sponsorship.
The project enables participants to experience education in intercultural contexts. By exposing future teachers to other cultures and encouraging them to reflect on their own experiences and perceptions, it aims to boost professionalism in teacher training studies. Specifically, participants get to observe, analyze, and discuss lessons, educational systems, and didactic methods in Germany, United State of America, and Ghana. These experiences are intended to help them prepare for their work in diverse classrooms. The project gives participants an opportunity to reflect on their preconceptions about other educational systems and expand their knowledge and skills. They explore topics and challenges they are likely to encounter in their future career. Participants also hone their academic skills by participating in a group-based research project.
Successful applicants will be paired with German partners (buddies) with whom they will collaborate on mini projects. They will also participate in Seminars (September – December, 2023) in preparation to hosting partners from Germany who will spend 4 weeks at UEW in February 2024. Following this, Ghanaian students in the program will travel to Hamburg, Germany in the summer of 2024, to participate in a cross-cultural exchange program. To read more about the Tri-Continental Teacher Training program, visit: https://www.ew.uni-hamburg.de/en/internationales/projekte/ttt.html
- Interested students should fill an application form online via this link: https://rb.gy/8jknz
- In addition, applicants are to submit the following as an email attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org
- A letter of motivation describing your personal ambitions, how this program will be helpful, and what you hope to contribute to the program (Maximum 200words)
- Updated Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Evidence of Academic progression (Transcript)
- Contact of two referees (Should be Senior Members in your department who can testify and vouch for your commitment)
- Shortlisted applicants will be interviewed before the final selection is done.
Friday, 28th July 2023