Appointment of Director of Health Services
The University of Education, Winneba invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the position of Director of University Health Services.
The Director of Health Services shall:
- be the Head of the University Health Directorate;
- be responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the efficient discharge of his or her duties;
- provide leadership to all staff in the University Health Facilities;
- ensure the efficient and effective delivery of health services to members of the University and their families;
- exercise professional and administrative supervision over the entire medical, paramedical and all other staff within the University Health Services;
- plan and monitor the development of the University Hospital and its health programmes;
- ensure that the University Hospital provides regular health extension services to the adjoining communities;
- provide advice and education on health matter, and
- perform any other assignments that the Vice-Chancellor deems necessary.
Educational and Professional Qualifications
The Candidate must have the following qualifications:
- An MB ChB or Dentistry (BDS) qualification.
- A Postgraduate degree holder from a recognized Institution of Higher Learning in relevant specialization.
- Membership and/fellowship of recognized and relevant Professional Bodies would be an added advantage.
Knowledge and Experience
- A minimum of ten (10) years cumulative clinical experience, FIVE (5) of which should be in a University Health facility.
- A broad knowledge base experience in development and implementation of policies and operation procedures, quality assurance, coordinating and implementing research.
- Evidence of research output and experience in service development. (Must have at least eight (8) papers/publications/reports/memoranda as evidence of contribution to health delivery).
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent problem solving, written and verbal communication.
- Ability to organise and manage workload, work on own initiative, lead and manage a multi-disciplinary team.
- Work under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
Tenure of Office
- The Director of University Health Services shall hold office for four (4) years in the first instance and up to four (4) years for the second term.
- He/ She should be able to work for at least four (4) years before attaining the statutory retiring age of sixty (60) years.
Mode of Application
Interested Candidates should:
- present twelve (12) copies of their applications together with Curriculum Vitae, Publications and other relevant documents.
- include names, postal addresses, email addresses and telephone numbers of three (3) referees, who should be requested by the candidate to forward their confidential report to the address below:
- send a brief vision statement for the Directorate of Health Services and strategies for achieving this, in not more than two pages of A4 size paper.
The complete application should be sent to the address below not later than 18th July, 2023.
The Acting Registrar
University of Education, Winneba
P. O. Box 25