The University of Education, Winneba has successfully implemented three Strategic Plans
(2003-2008, 2009-2013, 2014-2018) since the attainment of autonomy status in 2004. Over these periods, the University has undergone remarkable transformations in its infrastructure, curriculum developments, staffing, student enrolment, and the mode of delivery of its core functions – teaching/ learning, research and community service. However, more efforts are needed, especially, in the area of research, community service, financial sustainability, and accountability.
The 2019-2023 Corporate Strategic Plan was developed bearing in mind the contemporary challenges facing the University, key amongst them being the following:
- competition from growing number of tertiary institutions running programmes in Education, Business, as well as Technical and Vocational Education;
- dwindling government subvention to fully actualize the University’s mandate;
- limited qualifi ed and experienced academic and administrative staff;
- rising cost of staff development programmes;
- inadequate infrastructure and equipment for academic, administrative, and residential purposes;
- high operational cost;
- limited community, national and regional level collaboration.