For a start we shall begin with the functions of the Staff Development Committee (Standing Committee of Academic Board, Schedule B, 21 of UEW Statutes).
Registrar - Chair
Finance Officer - Member
University Librarian - Member
Deputy Registrar (HR) - Member
Assistant Registrar (HR) - Secretary
- To identify training and development programmes for non-teaching staff
- To determine the number of employees to be sponsored every year on professional programmes
- To ensure availability of financial resources for such programmes.
Guidelines and Conditions for Approval: Study Leave with Pay
The committee is guided by the following:
- Preferred Number of Years Applicant has Worked
Even though the Unified Condition of Service for Junior and Senior Staff of the Public Universities of Ghana clause 3.2 states that staff could benefit from study leave with pay after three (3) years of working experience, sponsorship in the University of Education, Winneba may be given to only junior or senior staff who have worked for a preferred number of years and this would be determined at the meeting of the Staff Development Committee and may vary from year to year depending on the following:
- Number of qualified staff the University is prepared financially to sponsor (for all programmes) within the academic year under consideration;
- Number of qualified applicants who have applied for consideration in the academic year under consideration ; and
- Number of years the qualified applicants in question has worked in the University.
To be continued.