What we stand for...
1. To propagate the Gospel of Jesus Christ and promote unity, love and growth in the Body of Christ.
2. To create a platform to raise future leaders, men and women of integrity and excellence.
3. To embark on evangelism, missions and programmes within and outside the campus with a view to winning souls for our Lord Jesus Christ.
The Department of Communication and Media Studies (CMS) under the Faculty of Languages Education on Friday, 8th September, 2017 launched its 10th anniversary celebration at the J.N. Aryeetey auditorium at South Campus.
Exactly ten years ago in the month of September, was born CMS through the visionary ideas of three gallant professors namely Jophus Anamuah-Mensah, J. Y. Sekyi-Baidoo and K. Ansu-Kyeremeh of the University of Education, Winneba (UEW).
The University of Education’s School of Business held an orientation for the 2017/2018 academic year freshmen at the South Campus auditorium. This was to encourage students to acquaint themselves with the task ahead.
- Avoid being glued to your mobile phones and other gadgets such that your attention is entirely taken away from other important things happening around you.
2. Never walk alone at night and at obscure places. Ensure that you are always in groups.
3. Make sure you become familiar with campus landmarks and streets to enable you navigate your way around campus.
4. Always have emergency contacts on you or on your device and if you carry your planner, list your important emergency contact numbers and information on it.
As part of its annual academic programmes, the Management of the University of Education, Winneba has organized an Intensive Pre-academic Orientation (IPOP) for all fresh students of the University at the Jophus Anamuah-Mensah Conference Centre, North Campus.
The Acting Vice-Chancellor, Rev. Fr. Professor Anthony Afful-Broni, welcomed the new students and congratulated them for making the best choice by coming to the number one Teacher Education University in Ghana and the West Africa (UEW) sub-region.
The University of Education, Winneba has held a library orientation for the fresh students of the 2017/18 academic year at the Osagyefo Library located at the South Campus on Wednesday, 6th September, 2017.
The programme was to enlighten students on the role of the library in academic success and the usage of library facilities and services. Various personnel from the library were present at the occasion to share their knowledge and expertise on how students can effectively use the library.
The Dean of the Faculty of Social Science Education, Prof. Yaw Ofosu-Kusi has advised level 100 students to be careful about campus relationships so they fall in love with responsible person(s) and not a deviant who will leave them broken hearted.
He noted that Universities were important places where some people met their lifetime partners. A good proportion of people met their spouses at the University. He however, admonished them to be careful and never take things for granted.
The Graduate Students Association of Ghana (GRASAG), at the University of Education, Winneba (UEW) on Thursday 31st August, 2017 witnessed the handing over ceremony and swearing in of the incoming executives of the Association.
At its meeting held on 16th August 2017, the Governing Council of the University of Education, Winneba considered the report of the Appointments and Promotions Board presented by the Ag. Vice-Chancellor and endorsed the appointment of Prof. James K. Kagya-Agyemang as the Principal of the College of Agriculture Education, Mampong Ashanti.
Promotions of the following staff of the University were also endorsed:
Dr. Michael Subbey