The University of Education, Winneba, announces for the information of the University Community and the General Public, the availability of THREE (3) VACANCIES FOR LAWYERS IN ITS REGISTRY (LEGAL SERVICES OFFICE).
- JOB DESCRIPTION/DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The successful candidates who will report to the Registrar will be required to:
- advise the University on all legal and disciplinary matters and represent the University in the Law Courts where necessary.
- have primary responsibility for legal issues related to research compliance and contracts.
- negotiate effectively on behalf of the University and oversees mediation proceedings.
- provide training to university departments and personnel as may be needed.
- maintain records and evidence registers for short and long-term cases.
- work in all areas of the University, including satellite campuses, and with junior, mid-level and senior officials of the university.
- support the work of the Lawyer who has lead responsibility in the legal office.
- have some responsibility for intellectual property, technology transfer, licensing of technology/work, relationships with industry and related matters depending on background and need.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
Candidates seeking the position:
- must possess a minimum of LLB and BL from a recognised university with at least two (2) years post-qualification working experience.
- relevant experience in tertiary education management and administration at a senior management level will be an advantage.
- TERMS OF APPOINTMENT
- The appointment is full-time with very attractive conditions and benefits.
MODE OF APPLICATION AND CLOSING DATE
- Interested persons who meet the above criteria should please download application forms (Senior Member Position) from the University of Education, Winneba Website (www.uew.edu.gh) for completion.
- Fifteen (15) copies of the completed application forms should be submitted together with 15 copies of their curriculum vitae and photocopies of certificates and other relevant documents.
- Applicants should request two (2) referees to submit written reports on them directly to the address below, not later than 28th April, 2017:
The Registrar OR The Registrar
University of Education, Winneba c/o The Office Manager
P. O. Box 25 University of Ghana Overseas Office
Winneba Ghana Universities House
321 City Road
London ECIV ILJ
- The Closing date for the submission of completed forms is 28th April, 2017.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.