Request for Internal and External Experts
The Institute of Educational Research and Innovation Studies (IERIS) of the University of Education, Winneba (UEW) is mandated to lead and provide research oversight to faculties and departments. More specifically,
- promote the culture of research and innovation,
- develop human resources in educational research
- support with evidence-based information or data for educational policy formulation
- oversee research and development activities of research centres.
In order to deliver this mandate, we require a strong human resource with distinguished scholarship, grant winning track record and an extensive network in academia and business. In that regard, the following category of academics or research institutions may apply:
A Faculty member may request to the Vice-Chancellor through her/his HOD and Dean for transfer to the Institute as a Research Fellow. The position comes with reduced teaching load, increased research space and research output, faster promotion, extensive field training and experience, hastened networking etc.
- Retired diasporan academics looking to give back to their country or continent
- Active diasporan academics looking for Sabbatical placement
- Academics from sister universities or research institutions looking for sabbatical placement or permanent employment
- Postdoctoral Engagements
- Locals or foreigners looking to collaborate in research proposal writing, project implementation, training, facilitation, consultancy and conferences and workshops organization.
Mode of Engagement/ Remuneration
- With the exception of sabbatical appointments, all other placements do not come with any financial gain
- In the case of staff looking for permanent employment, it will depend on availability of financial clearance from the central government
- In other cases, payment could be made from grant resources
This will depend on the nature of recruitment. Academics have up to six years renewable contract appointment depending on one’s rank and/or research output.
Mode of application
- Detailed curriculum vitae
- Application letter
- Persons seeking permanent employment are required to download an application form (Senior Member academic) from the university website.
- All applications should be routed through:
University of Education, Winneba,
P. O. Box 25
For further Enquiries
Prof. Avea E. Nsoh