One-year top-up programme
Applications are invited from qualified persons to be admitted into the One Year top-up Programme from M.A./M.ED to M.Phil in Ghanaian Language Studies/ M. Phil Educational Administration and Management/M. Ed to MPhil in Special Education and M. Ed to MPhil in Assessment in Special Education in the 2018/2019 academic year in the under-listed areas:
- M. A. to M.Phil in Akan
- M. A. to M.Phil in Ewe
- M. A. to M.Phil in Ghanaian Language Studies for Ga, Dangme, Dagbani, Dagaare, Gurune, Kasem, Gonja and Kusaal
- M.ED. to M. Phil Educational Administration and Management
- M. Ed to MPhil in Special Education
- M. Ed to MPhil in Assessment in Special Education
ENTRY REQUIREMENTS FOR TOP-UP FROM M. A. TO M.PHIL. GHANAIAN LANGUAGE STUDIES PROGRAMMES
To be admitted for the M.Phil. Ghanaian Language Studies programmes (GLS), candidates must hold an M.A. degree from the University of Education, Winneba or any recognized University in which any of the following programmes:
- A Ghanaian Language
- Linguistics with courses in the Ghanaian Language, which the student has chosen to study.
Candidates with the following qualifications are also eligible to apply for the one year top-up programme for the M.Phil. Ghanaian Language Studies degree. The candidate must have obtained a minimum grade point of 2.5 and above in the requisite certificate for the application.
- Graduate Diploma in Linguistics
- M.A. in Linguistics
- M.A. Ghanaian Language Studies
- M.A. in Linguistics with courses in the Ghanaian Language, which the student has chosen to study.
All candidates will have to pass the university’s interview.
ENTRY REQUIREMENTS FOR A TOP-UP FROM M.ED TO M.PHIL EDUCATIONAL ADMINISTRATION AND MANAGEMENT
The entry requirement for the M.Phil Educational Administration and Management top-up programme will be in accordance with the general regulations governing graduate admissions in the University of Education, Winneba.
- A first degree with a minimum second class lower division in any discipline from the University of Education or any accredited University and a Master of Education degree in educational administration and management or related field.
- A G. P. A. of not less than 3.0 from the M.Ed. (Educational Administration and Management) programme.
- A pass in a selection interview at the departmental, faculty and the graduate levels.
- Applicants will be required to submit a detailed proposal of their intended research, which will be presented with the Second Year Regular M.Phil. Students.