Notice | Additional Precautionary Measures against the Coronavirus Pandemic
Pursuant to the earlier directives given by Management and in view of the looming community spread of the Coronavirus (COVID-19), the University has put forward the following additional precautionary measures to help contain the spread of the pandemic:
- All National Service personnel, NABCO staff and Interns in the University should proceed on leave.
- Critical areas of operations including the University Health Services, Security, Sanitation, ICT Services, University Farms and the Directorate of Physical Works and Development would, however, continue to operate under effective supervision.
- Deans are to ensure that their Faculties and Departments continue to run the various lectures and programmes using IT.
- All other staff whose core activities do not fall within any of the delimited critical areas of operations listed above are to proceed on leave.
- Heads of all other Departments/Directorates/ Institutes/Centres/Sections/Units should, in consultation with the Registrar, downsize staff numbers to a maximum of two (2) staff per office space.
- All Face-to-face, window and or over-the-counter business transactions conducted at the Student Services Office as well as the Division of Academic Affairs and academic departments have been suspended. Any such transactions or enquiries could be directed to or accessed from the Division of Academic Affairs on any of the following contacts:
- Please, kindly note that the directive on deadline for the submission of outstanding examination results as communicated in our earlier memo, remains unchanged.
The above directives take effect from Tuesday, 24th March, 2020 to Tuesday, 14th April 2020 after which period they may be subject to further review.