Inter-University Conference for Doctoral Studies | 2022
The Inter-University Conference for Doctoral Studies in collaboration with the School of Graduate Studies, University of Education, Winneba invites the university community to its conference on the theme "Research Skills Development &Techniques Application Using Innovations in Learning Technologies for Language Teaching/Learning and Research".
The Conference is scheduled as follows:
- Date: Tuesday, 18th – 20th January, 2022
- Time: 8:30am – 5:00pm
- Venue: North Campus Assembly Hall, UEW
- Guest Speaker: Prof. Andy Ofori-Birikorang, Ag. Vice-Chancellor, UEW
- Chairman: Prof. Dominic K. D. Mensah, Principal, Ajumako Campus, UEW
- Collaborator: Prof. George Kankam, Dean, School of Graduate Studies, UEW
- Host: Dr. Fofo Lomotey, Dean, FFLE, UEW
- Convener: Prof. D. S. Y. Amuzu, IUCDS, UEW
The Inter-University Conference for Doctoral Studies is an Academic Board and Partnership Framework composed of Sister Institutions in Ghana and in the West African sub-region - public and private universities and institutions, located in Ghana, Togo, Nigeria, Côte d’Ivoire and Burkina Faso - whose primary aims are to:
- Create a system whereby students of member institutions will be able to register and pursue doctoral degree programmes in any of the institutions concerned, while respecting the existing regulations in each institution.
- Create a pool of experts for the supervision of doctoral theses/dissertations, since these measures would enhance staff development through facilitation of movement of researchers from various member institutions.
- Facilitate doctoral studies and promote collaborative research, thereby helping to address the acute shortage of motivated and well-trained academic staff in Partner Institutions/Universities.