GHANA POLICE BAND CELEBRATES A GALLANT UEW ALUMNUS AT A REPUBLIC DAY CONCERT
The Ghana Police at a Republic Day Concert will celebrate some musicians in Ghana including Prof. C.W.K Mereku, a gallant alumnus of UEW for their contributions to Art Music in Ghana, more especially, to martial music. The Band will be performing the following works of Prof. C.W.K. Mereku:
- UEW Anthem (The Victory Anthem) 
- Mil) Ghana (A Patriotic Song) 
- EndE yE Enigye Da (A Christmas Highlife Song) 
- Ampa! Woa Wo Christ (A Christmas Anthem) 
The REPUBLIC DAY CONCERT shall come off at the Ghana Police Church, 37-Accra, at 3.00 p.m. on Monday, 3rd July, 2017.The other composers being celebrated as part of this memorable event include:
- Emeritus Professor J. H. Kwabena Nketia, UG;
- Dr. Joshua Amuah, UG;
- Lawyer William E. Offei (father of Dr. Nyadu Offei, HOD for Special Education Department, UEW), Accra; and
- Mr. Kenn Kafui, UG.
UEW Alumni Celebrates you with the tenth verse of a poem written by Benjamin Menyah, the Immediate Past President of UEW Alumni (2016):
" 10. By this feat, we will have broken the old order,
And carved a niche of marble black for ourselves
As true teacher educators
Among the achievers of UEW celebrities."