Directives on Mid-Semester and End-of-Semester Examinations
In Management’s effort at ensuring that no student is left out and following feedback from students on the conduct of the mandatory quizzes, Management has approved, for immediate implementation, the following measures for the conduct of all mid-semester and end-of-semester examinations:
- The mandatory quizzes that were conducted from 29th April to 7th May, 2020 shall not form part of the continuous assessment.
- All mid-semester and end-of-semester examinations for all departmental courses shall be in the form of take-home papers.
- All Level 400 mid-semester and end-of-semester examinations, including general courses, shall be in the form of take-home papers.
- All mid-semester and end-of-semester examinations on general courses for Levels 100-300 shall be conducted on LMS Moodle platform using objective multiple-choice questions.
- Students shall be given multiple attempts for all objective multiple-choice questions on LMS Moodle.
- The recommended maximum number of objective multiple-choice questions for the mid-semester examination shall be 20.
- The recommended maximum number of objective multiple-choice questions for the end-of-semester examination shall be 30.
- The Moodle settings for all examinations shall be 10 questions on a page.
- All submissions for mid-semester and end-of-semester take-home papers shall be through the LMS Moodle platform.
- The deadline for submission of mid-semester take-home papers is May 31, 2020.
- The deadline for submission of end-of-semester take-home papers shall be the last day for examinations as indicated on the examination timetable.
- Management wishes to reiterate that students who, for justifiable reasons, are unable to take part in the General Courses for the mid-semester and end-of-semester examinations shall have two more opportunities to do so through supplementary examinations.
PRO-VICE-CHANCELLOR/ CHAIRMAN, ULMEC