Appointment of Principal, College of Agriculture Education, Mampong-Ashanti
The Council of the University of Education, Winneba, announces for the information of the Academic Community and the General Public vacancy for PRINCIPAL, COLLEGE OF AGRICULTURE EDUCATION, MAMPONG-ASHANTI.
The Principal is the administrative and academic head of the College. The Principal shall be responsible for providing leadership to the College and for maintaining and providing efficiency and good governance of the College in accordance with policies and procedures prescribed by the Act and Statutes of the University of Education, Winneba.
Candidate seeking appointment as Principal must:
- be of Professorial Status or equivalent Grade in an analogous institution.
- must possess a Ph.D. in Science Education/Agriculture Science or Applied Sciences. Social Science scholars with professional qualification(s) in education may apply.
- be a distinguished scholar with a capacity to motivate and direct staff.
- exhibit a high sense of industry, leadership qualities and organizational skills and must be above reproach.
- possess excellent communication and inter-personal skills and capacity to manage and control crisis situations.
- be visionary, business-oriented and able to establish rapport between industry and the University.
- be sober with maturity and drive for sound and impartial judgement.
- be able to attract grants and funds for Research and Development activities for the College.
- be able to serve at least a full FOUR-YEAR term of Office before attaining the compulsory retiring age of SIXTY (60) years.
TERMS OF APPOINTMENT
- The Appointment, which is full-time, shall be for FOUR YEARS in the first instance and may be renewed for another term of Three (3) Years, altogether making a maximum of seven (7) years. The Candidate may opt to be a Faculty Member after serving the Seven-Year Term of office before attaining the statutory retiring age of 60.
- Fringe benefits attached to the post are attractive.
Interested Candidates are requested to submit an application letter together with the following:
- Six (6) copies of Curriculum Vitae, including Names and Addresses of Three(3) Referees; and,
- Six (6) copies of two-Page Statement of Candidate’s Vision for the College.
Application should be forwarded under REGISTERED COVER marked “Application for Principal, College of Agriculture Education, Mampong-Ashanti” to reach the following address, not later than OCTOBER 31, 2016.
The Chairman The Chairman
Search Committee for Principal, Search Committee for Principal
C/o The Registrar C/o The Office Manager
University of Education, Winneba University of Ghana Overseas Office
Post Office Box 25 Ghana Universities House
Winneba, C/R 321 City Road
Ghana London ECIV ILJ