The University shall for the purpose of achieving its aims.
Determine the subjects to be taught at the University. Placing emphasis on subjects which are of special relevance to the needs of the educational system of the country and for national development:
- provide teacher education to citizens who are interested and are capable of benefiting from it by giving priority to persons in the teaching service with no university education;
- provide opportunities for higher education especially teacher education for students from other countries in Africa;
- teach students methodology for critical and independent work in the classroom while making them aware of their responsibility to use the knowledge acquired for the general benefit of the Republic;
- ensure that practical research experience in the classroom is undertaken in the subject which are taught in the University but with special emphasis on philosophy and
- ensure that practical research experience in the classroom is undertaken in the subject which are taught in the University but with special emphasis on philosophy and psychology which relate to the social, cultural, political, economic, scientific, technical, technological and other issues that exist in teaching and learning;
- ensure that the results of research and knowledge are spread generally by the development of multi-media teaching materials, publication of text books, papers and any other suitable means;
- develop teaching and learning materials in music, culture, science and technology suitable for dissemination to schools, colleges and non-formal educational institutions in the country: and
- develop close relationships with the Ghana National Association of Teachers, Professional Teacher Organisations, the Ghana Education Service, pre-tertiary education institutions, Universities and other tertiary institutions both in the country and elsewhere.
Student Fees Downloads
Sorry, we do not have any content for this item currently