The vision of the Department is to become an outstanding centre for the training of Mechanical Technology teachers in the Country and the West African sub-region.
The Mission is to equip students with the necessary academic and professional competencies and skills through the use of innovative techniques to enable them teach effectively in pre-tertiary/tertiary institutions.
To Train Competent Professional Mechanical Technology Education Teachers for all Levels of Education who will be able to:
- Mechanical-related courses in pre-tertiary institutions, and apply the principles in the school system for teaching and learning and school administration.
- Demonstrate Workshop practices in schools and Institutions
- Apply a range of suitable technologies in Mechanical Technology for different endeavours in real life practical situations.
- Develop competencies in the acquisition of theoretical knowledge and practical skills in Mechanical Technology Education.
- Apply basic principles and theories in Mechanical Technology required to solve day to day technical problems.
- Acquire the knowledge and skills in Mechanical Technology and professional issues to establish their own small and medium scale enterprises or careers.
- Demonstrate understanding and capability in applying theoretical and practical models in identifying, analysing a problem, designing and constructing an artefact of high quality or standard.