COLTEK organises orientation for new lecturers
Ten lecturers who were recently appointed and posted to various departments in the College of Technology Education, Kumasi (COLTEK) of the University of Education, Winneba (UEW) have undergone a day’s orientation. The March 13, 2017 event was used to equip the new lecturers with requisite knowledge on how things work at UEW so as to enable them offer effective and efficient services to their students at the University.
Opening it, the Principal of COLTEK, Prof. (Ing.) Reynolds Okai emphasised that the University expects high level performance and utmost dedication from them. He informed the newly appointed lectureres that many who have rendered selfless service to the University and have made it an enviable Institution of higher learning. To him, the least anybody expects from them is to maintain the standards and strive to improve upon them in any legitimate ways they could.
Key topics treated included: -
- Crafting an Academic Career by the Pro-Vice Chancellor, Rev. Fr. Prof. A. Afful-Broni,
- Shared Governance, Dr. C. Y. Akwaah-Mensah, Registrar;
- Teaching Excellence, Prof. Stephen Jobson Mitchual, Dean, Faculty of Technical Education (FTE) and
- Students’ Affairs and Helping Students in Distress, Prof. Martin Amoah ,Vice Dean of Students’ Affairs.
- IT Support for Teaching, Research and Information Security, Dr. Samuel Adu-Gyamfi, HOD, Information Technology Education (ITE);
- Retirement Plan – GUSS, Mr. Charles Edem Badzra, Head of Finance, COLTEK;
- Information Access – Winnopac, Mr. Seth Katsekpor, Assistant Librarian and Benefits and Retirement, Mr. Michael Kofi Adu, College Registrar, COLTEK.