The University of Education, Winneba in association with the Linguistics Association of Ghana (LAG) announces to all linguists and language researchers that, the 30th West African Languages Congress (WALC 2017) will be held on 31st July - 5th August 2017 at the University of Education, Winneba, Ghana. The conference will focus on all aspects of West Afican linguistics; descriptive, theoretical and applied.
Theme: The role of language in the integration and development of West Africa
Abstracts are invited on (but not limited to) the following sub-themes:
- Indegenous language and education in West Africa
- Endangered languages in West Africa
- Languages typologies in West Africa
- Linguistic human rights in West Africa
- Language and Commerce in West Africa
- Languages and politics in West Afriva
- Language and communication
- Language and gender
- Language and media
- Language and literature
- Language education
- Language and law
- Language and policies
Papers in core areas of linguistics are also encouraged:
- Discourse analysis
- Corpus Linguistics
- Abstracts should not be more than 250 words and can be wrtitten in English or French.
- Submissions are restricted to one single-authored paper and one co-authored paper per individual.