GUIDELINES FOR PROXY VOTES
USE OF PROXY VOTES – ELECTION OF CONVOCATION REPRESENTATIVES ON COUNCIL AND PRO-VICE-CHANCELLOR
A proxy vote can be accepted if the applicant satisfies the following:
- An eligible voter who will be unable to vote on the polling day will apply to appoint a person to vote on his/her behalf by completing a proxy form.
- The applicant should be at post (including those on local study leave in Ghana).
- The applicant should submit the proxy form (Attached) in a sealed envelope with applicant’s Name, Department and Signature written across the seal to the Department of Publishing and Web Development (Publications Unit), Winneba Campus, College Registrar’s Office (Ajumako Campus), College Registrar’s Office/University Relations Office (Kumasi Campus) and College Registrar’s Office (Mampong Campus) (whichever is applicable) by 4:00 p.m. on Thursday, February 22, 2018. The envelope should be marked PROXY. Applications to vote by proxy sent as emails and as text messages on cell phones would not be accepted.
- An eligible voter shall not act as proxy for more than one person.
- A person appointed to vote by proxy will be required to show a copy of the proxy form at the polling station.
- A person shall not appoint more than one person at a time as a proxy to vote at the election.
- A person who has applied to vote by proxy shall not vote at the election unless he has applied for cancellation of the proxy.
- An application for the cancellation of the proxy shall be in writing to the Returning Officer to the Department of Publishing and Web Development (Publications Unit) Winneba Campus, College Registrar’s Office (Ajumako Campus), College Registrar’s Office/University Relations Office (Kumasi Campus) and College Registrar’s Office (Mampong Campus) (whichever is applicable).
- A proxy whose appointment is cancelled shall cease to have the right to vote for the applicant whether or not the proxy is aware of the cancellation.
The Returning Officer shall certify that the proxy and the applicants are eligible voters.
YOU CAN DOWNLOAD A COPY OF THE PROXY FORM FROM THE LINKS BELOW.