APPOINTMENT OF DIRECTOR OF WORKS AND PHYSICAL DEVELOPMENT
The University of Education, Winneba, invites applications from suitably qualified persons for the position of DIRECTOR OF WORKS AND PHYSICAL DEVELOPMENT.
The Director of Works and Physical Development is the Head of the Development Office of the University. The Director of Works is responsible for the development and maintenance of all physical infrastructural facilities of the University.
- Applicant must possess a minimum of Master’s degree and relevant professional qualification from a recognized Institution.
- Must be a Registered and Practicing Member/Fellow of a recognized professional body(ies).
- Must possess a B.Sc. degree in Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Quantity Surveying/Architecture or any other relevant degree from a recognized Institution
- Must also have at least fifteen (15) years post-qualification experience in Project Management, Physical Development, Built Environment etc. in a higher educational institution or analogous institution.
- Must have handled and completed projects of considerably high magnitude and value within a team environment
- Must have proven leadership and managerial capabilities to lead and co-ordinate staff and activity.
- Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Have considerable experience in Office practice and procedure.
TERMS OF APPOINTMENT
The appointment is full-time. Successful applicant should be able to serve at least five years in office before reaching the compulsory retirement age of sixty (60). The Successful applicant shall be expected to assume duty by October 1, 2017.
CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
Salary and fringe benefits attached to the position are attractive.
MODE OF APPLICATION AND CLOSING DATE
- Interested applicants who meet the above criteria should click to download download application form (Senior Member Position) .
- Fifteen (15) copies of the completed application form should be accompanied with 15 copies of comprehensive Curriculum Vitae and photocopies of Certificates and other relevant documents.
- Fifteen copies of a two-page statement of candidate’s vision for the Office.
- Applicants should request two (2) referees to submit written reports on them directly to the address below:
The Registrar OR The Registrar
University of Education, Winneba C/o The Office Manager
P. O. Box 25 Universities of Ghana Overseas Office
Winneba Ghana Universities House
321 City Road
London ECIV ILJ
Applications should be forwarded under Registered Cover marked “APPLICATION FOR DIRECTOR OF WORKS AND PHYSICAL DEVELOPMENT”. Closing date for the submission of application is 4th August, 2017.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.