ADMISSION TO SPECIALIZED PROGRAMME IN COMPETENCY-BASED TRAINING (CBT) – DIPLOMA IN EDUCATION (CBT)
Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) in Ghana is currently undergoing transformation. As part of the transformation, there is a paradigm shift from traditional content-based education and training to Competency-Based Training (CBT). Although, many of the Lecturers, Tutors, Teachers /Instructors, Managers, Supervisors and Master Craftspersons in the TVET sector in Ghana have the requisite skills and qualifications in their occupational/trade areas, it is important for them to acquire pedagogical skills in CBT mode of delivery to facilitate rolling out the CBT mode of delivery in the TVET sector. In view of this, the College of Technology Education, Kumasi of the University of Education, Winneba has been mandated to equip Lecturers, Tutors, Teachers/Instructors, Managers and Supervisors in the TVET sector with knowledge and skills needed for Competency-Based Training (CBT) mode of delivery.
Applications are invited from qualified Lecturers, Tutors, Teachers/Instructors, Managers and Supervisors for admission into the Diploma in Education (Competency-Based Training) Programme at the College of Technology Education, Kumasi for the 2017/2018 Academic Year.
ACCESS STATEMENT (ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS)
Access to this Programme shall be at the discretion of the learning environment. However, it will be beneficial if the applicant holds Diploma in Education or its equivalent and any of the following:
- A university degree, Higher National Diploma or a National Certificate II on the NTVETQF.
- City and Guilds Advanced Certificate/Part III in a trade area.
- A minimum of three passes in Royal Society of Arts/Ghana Commercial Examinations Stage III in approved business subjects with at least two (2) years working experience.
- A certificate from a Farm Institute with at least two (2) years working experience.
Cost of Application Forms: Two Hundred Ghana Cedis (GH¢200.00)
Closing Date for Submission of Completed Application Forms: 8th December, 2017
DURATION OF PROGRAMME: 12 months
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants interested in the Diploma in Education (CBT) Programme for the 2017/2018 Academic Year are to download and complete the attached Application Forms. Applicants are to purchase a Banker’s Draft in favour of University of Education, Winneba and follow the procedures below:
- e-mail to email@example.com scanned copies of both the Banker’s Draft and the completed Application Forms. And
- Send through courier services both the Banker’s Draft and the completed Application Forms to:
College of Technology Education, Kumasi
University of Education, Winneba
First Session (On-Campus Facilitation):
16th December, 2017 – 6th January, 2018
Second Session (On-Campus Facilitation):
14th April, 2018 – 5th May, 2018
Third Session (Workplace Experience Learning):
30th July, 2018 – 7th September, 2018
EMPLOYMENT PROSPECTS FOR APPLICANTS
- Teachers/instructors in the technical and vocational institutions
- Training officers in industries and other establishments;
- Curriculum development specialists in TVET;
- Managers and staff of TVET institutions (COTVET, NABPTEX, GES, NVTI, Technical/Vocational Institutes, etc.);
- Officers of Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs);
- Assessors, verifiers/validators/moderators, and evaluators in the National TVET Qualifications and CBT system.