SPECIAL DEPARTMENTAL REQUIREMENTS
Applicants seeking admission must be holders of any one of the following:
• WASSCE Certificate with at least Grade C6 in the following core subjects:
English Language, Core Mathematics and Integrated Science and three elective from the following subjects: Chemistry, Physics, Elective Mathematics, Metalwork, Welding, Technical Drawing, Engineering Science, Applied Electricity, Electronics, Automotive Technology.
• SSSCE Certificate with Grade D or better in the following core subjects:
English Language, Core Mathematics and Integrated Science and three elective from the following: Chemistry, Physics, Elective Mathematics, Metalwork, Welding, Technical Drawing, Engineering Science, Applied Electricity, Electronics, Automotive Technology.
• GCE Advanced Level Certificate with Grade D or better in three subjects in the area of specialization. They must also have credit passes (Grade 6) in any five (5) subjects in GCE ‘O’ Level including English Language, Mathematics and Science.
• Higher National Diploma (HND) Certificate in Mechanical Engineering (any option: Plant, Production, Workshop Processes). Successful HND applicants with Second Class Lower Division or better would be admitted at Level 200. Applicants with Certificates below Second Class Lower Division would be admitted at Level 100.
• PART III Certificate in any of the following
a. Motor Vehicle Technicians (MVT) Part III
b. Mechanical Engineering Technician (MET) Part III
All part III applicants must pass an interview
Applicants who do not satisfy any of the criteria specified above could apply as mature candidates but must be twenty-five (25) years old by August of the year of enrolment. Such applicants may be holders of any of the following:
i. Teachers’ Certificate ‘A’ (Technical Option)
ii. Mechanical Engineering Technician (MET) Part II Certificate,
iii. Advance City and Guilds Certificate in Mechanical Technology / Engineering.
iv. WASSCE OR SSSCE certificate
• All mature applicants must pass an Entrance Examination comprising Subject Area Test (SAT) and General Aptitude Test (GAT)
• All applicants must indicate whether they are opting for REGULAR or DISTANCE Mode of study