Applicants seeking admission must be holders of any one of the following:
1. WASSCE certificate with grade A1-C6 in three (3) core subjects which are English, Core mathematics and Integrated Science, and three elective subjects from the following: Automotive Mechanics, Elective Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Engineering Science, Technical Drawing, Applied Electricity, Electronics, Metalwork, Welding.
2. SSSCE certificate with Grade D or better in three core subjects which are: English Language, Core Mathematics and Integrated Science, and three (3) Electives from the following: Automotive Mechanics, Elective Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Engineering Science, Technical Drawing, Applied Electricity, Electronics, Metalwork, Welding.
3. GCE ADVANCED LEVEL certificate with at least grade D or better in three Science subjects. They must also have credit passes (grade 6) in five (5) subjects in GCE ‘O’ Level including English, Mathematics and Science.
4. PART III CERTIFICATE in Electrical Engineering Technicians (EET) Part III certificate
All EET Part III applicants must pass an interview
5. Higher National Diploma (HND) Certificate in Electrical/Electronics with specialization in any one of the following options:
Successful HND applicants would be placed at Level 200. However, those with a class below 2nd Lower will be placed at level 100
6. MATURE APPLICANTS:
Applicants who do not satisfy any of the criteria specified above could apply as mature candidates but must be twenty-five (25) years old by August of the year of enrolment. Such applicants may be holders of any of the following:
i. Electrical Engineering Technician Part II
ii. Advanced City and Guilds Certificate in Electrical Engineering
iii. Electrical Installation Work, Course C
iv. Teachers Certificates A (Technical Option)
v. WASSCE OR SSSCE holders who do not qualify for direct entry but are 25 years of age
Please Note the following:
1. All mature applicants must pass an entrance examination comprising a Subject Area Test (SAT) and a General Aptitude Test (GAT)
2. All applicants must indicate whether they are opting for REGULAR or DISTANCE Mode